There are so many ways to use orange marmalade. I have used it in muffins, as a glaze on chicken, salad dressings and cocktails. Today I had a student reach out to me and this is what she had to say..
OMG….on a New Zealand cooking website I saw a recipe for chocolate orange cookies. They looked soft and chewy. They used a chocolate that already had orange in it. Do you think you could put orange marmalade into a cookie mix and it would work??? Funny, I used to hate orange and chocolate together and now I am loving it….
After reading this email I walk into the kitchen and created Chocolate Marmalade Cookies. So yes, you can have your orange chocolate cookies and enjoy eating them.
Here is the recipe enjoy!
See you in class
Chocolate Marmalade Cookies
Preheated oven 375
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon orange blossom water
1 cup orange marmalade
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, mix well, set aside.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, and orange blossom water until creamy.
3. Place one egg at a time beat well for one minute each egg. Add marmalade, mix well .
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven 375 – 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed.
8. Let cool for 2 minutes; remove from sheet, place on cooling rack to cool.